Penelope Jean Hayes
Penelope Jean Hayes is an American bestselling self-help author and on-air personality. She debuted on television in 2010 as the host of Pop News with Penelope, a talk format segment on an ABC News affiliate. She has appeared on Dr. Phil as a self-help expert and is regularly invited to contribute to national and international television programs.
Hayes coined the term "viral energy" which describes the phenomenon of contagious energy and its impacts on all aspects of personal life and relationships, plus effects on the frequencies of physical environments.
From 2015 to 2018, she was a contributing writer for HuffPost (formerly The Huffington Post). She signed with literary agent Bill Gladstone in 2017.
In 2018, she began hosting the podcast PENELOPE, distributed by Spotify and iHeartRadio.
In 2019, she founded the Viral Energy Institute for personal, interpersonal, and planetary wellness, and established a new field of scientific study called viralenology: the study of viral energy.
In 2020, her first book was published, titled The Magic of Viral Energy. It brought a new idea to self-help and a loyal following developed for the brand. That same year, Hayes was granted a US trademark for the term “viral energy”. Directly following the first, her second title was released: Do Unto Earth. This book quickly became a bestseller; it explains "viral energy masses" which are large energetic fields created by both light and heavy intentions and actions. While speaking plainly about the damage mankind has done to the planet, both energetically and physically, it also reveals broader issues facing both humanity and planet Earth that directly affect humanity and our species' future.
In 2022, Hayes created an unscripted television docu-drama series, titled ENERvention, about making over people’s lives who are affected by toxic energy and negative vibes.
Currently, Penelope Jean Hayes appears as #4 on Ranker's list of "Who Is The Most Famous Penelope In The World?" directly following Penelope Plummer, Penélope Cruz, and Penelope Wilton.
Hayes is a gallery-displayed artist of acrylic paintings, both landscape and abstract. She was born in Canada, immigrated to America in 2007, and became an American citizen in 2019. She is a vegan and an advocate for animals and the environment.
TELEVISION and TALK FORMAT HOSTING
- Talk Format Host and Entertainment Analyst of a 5-year running TV segment called Pop News with Penelope on WCIV-TV—an ABC News affiliate (2010-2015), covering current affairs in the news related to popular culture and celebrities, fashion, and lifestyle.
- Red-carpet coverage of the 88th Annual Academy Awards in 2016 for ABC WCIV-TV.
- On-Camera Host of EyeOnLP / 2013 and 2015. Plus, Spokesperson for LP Magazine (National).
- 2022: Host of ENERvention, a series in development and based on Penelope's successful program for fixing toxic or heavy energy in relationships and workplaces.
EXPERT GUEST APPEARANCES ON TV
- Popular Culture/Media Analyst for the Dr. Phil Show: Featured on the Season 12 Premiere episode as an expert.
- Expert guest appearing on countless TV shows, international news shows, radio programs—including the nationally syndicated show COAST TO COAST with George Noory (2021)—plus numerous webcasts and podcasts.
RADIO and PODCAST HOSTING
- Talk Radio Political Commentator and Hot Topics Host for WQSC 1340 + AM 950 The Voice * 2016 election coverage.
- 2018-present: Host of the podcast show titled PENELOPE, distributed on iHeartRadio, iTunes, Spotify, Audible, and more.
- 2020-present: Voiceover artist for eleven books published nationally and internationally by Blackstone Publishing and available on Audible, Amazon, and everywhere audiobooks are sold. One of these audiobooks became the #1 Bestselling Audiobook in its genre on Amazon and Audible.
- Contributer for HuffPost
- Writer for Face the Current Magazine
Bachelor’s Degree, Journalism and Mass Communications, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
PRAISE FOR PENELOPE JEAN HAYES
“Penelope, you’re a natural on television. You’re very good!” —Dr. Phil McGraw, Host, The Dr. Phil Show
“Life is often a mysterious journey and author Penelope Jean Hayes has offered her personal recollection of the many interesting revelations she encountered along her pathway towards wisdom and enlightenment.” —Dr. Fred Alan Wolf, winner of the National Book Award in Science, bestselling author of Taking the Quantum Leap, and cast of the films What the Bleep Do We Know!? and The Secret
“Penelope Jean Hayes shows us the way. With humor, happiness, and whole-hearted smarts, Penelope clarifies the path to true fulfillment. Her work—and this M.O.V.E.-ment—is for everyone who craves helpful and kind guidance to ‘get out of your head’ and plug in to your greatest potential. Brava!” —Jeffrey Marsh, author of How To Be You; speaker; online sensation; official social media ambassador and red carpet correspondent for the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN); called “A Master of Video” by O Magazine, the Oprah Winfrey magazine.
PENELOPE HAS WORKED WITH THESE COMPANIES...
Media & Representation
Television Agent: Jon Katzman
Literary Agent: Bill Gladstone
Publicist: Dea Shandera
To schedule a media interview, or for another inquiry, please send a message via the Contact Page.
QUICK LINKS FOR USE BY MEDIA HOSTS and INTERVIEWERS
PENELOPE HAS APPEARED AS AN EXPERT FOR...
OTHER INTERESTING LINKS
AUTHOR PROFILE ON AMAZON
BOOKS ON GOODREADS
PENELOPE on IMDb
RANGE OF VIDEOS ON THE NET FEATURING "PENELOPE JEAN HAYES"
iHeartRADIO PODCAST SHOW "PENELOPE"
COAST TO COAST AM PROFILE PAGE